Finally I found the time to try one more of the wonderful recipes with rose ladyfingers. Last week I bought some deep-frozen rhubarb and therefore wanted to try a crumble with it. A crumble is both creamy and crunchy and you can savour it lukewarm or cold. The recipe is made for 8 ramekins. It’s a fast job and they’re delicious!
- 4.2oz rose ladyfingers (standard ladyfingers will do as well)
- 0.7oz powdered sugar
- 2.1oz wheat flour
- 2.8oz cold butter
- 6 stalks of rhubarb or 6 handful of frozen rhubarb
- 6 tbsp strawberry jam or redcurrent jelly
- Unfreeze rhubarb for at least one hour or
- wash stalks and cut into dices without peeling.
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Grind ladyfingers carefully. Mix them with powdered sugar and flour in a large bowl. Add cold butter cut into small flakes and work with your hands to get a crumbly texture. Tip rhubarb into the ramekins, cover with jam or jelly and sprinkle over the crumble mixture. Bake for 30 minutes until the top is golden. Serve warm or cold.
- I served it with a mixture of 3.5oz yogurt, 3.5oz crème fraîche, 1tsp granulated sugar, 1 tbsp desiccated coconut.
- Show All
- Rosa Crumble/Rose Crumble/Crumble rose