I can’t tell you why exactly this kind of pastry’s called “love bones” in Germany. Maybe it’s because of their sweet filling. In any case they’re a perfect surprise for your beloved on Valentine’s Day, specially when they are filled with crimson raspberries. As already mentioned with the recipe for profiteroles you may use convenience pastry if you’re not that skilled in baking.
For the eclairs follow the instructions on the sachet and for the filling read my recipe card. You’ll find some ideas for serving in the gallery. You may serve them for teatime but as a dessert for a Valentine’s dinner as well.
- 1 sachet convencience choux dough
- 1 sachet custard or instant vanilla pudding
- 7oz cream
- 4-5 tbsp fruit (for example raspberries)
- some icing sugar
- Follow the instruction on your package for the choux dough and the vanilla pudding. Cover the surface of last with wrapping film avoiding this way to get a membrane.When it's cooled fold in cream.
- Cut eclairs in halfes with scissors and place side by side on your grid. Fill pudding into a pastry bag and pipe on lower half of eclair. Give raspberries on top of the cream and cover with the second half of the eclair.
- For serving spread some icing sugar on top.
- You may take instant chocolate pudding as well for filling and a chocolate topping too. For those who don't like raspberries I gave some grated chocolate on top of the cream.
- Show All