Peaches in tomato salad
Looking for new recipes I often find those looking quite strange in the beginning. I tend to try them nevertheless and today I’d like to share one of them with you. This delicious tomato salad with fresh peaches can be served as a starter or in shot glasses on a party buffet.
- 3.5lb tomatoes
- 3 peaches
- 9 tbsp olive oil
- 4.2fl.oz. vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- salt, pepper
- 8 stems basil
- 1 Camembert
- 12 slices of smoked ham
- Clean tomatoes and cut big ones into slices or samll ones into halves or quarters. Wash peaches, remove stone and cut in to slices too. Heat 5 tbsp of oil in a pan and fry tomatoes and peaches on both sides. Remove from pan to cool.
- Mix honey, vinegar, salt and pepper for your dressing. Then whisk with the remaining 4 tbsp of oil. Clean and cut basil, cut Camembert into slices and then in halves diagonally.
- Arrange tomatoes and peaches on plates and sprinkle with your dressing. Then add Camembert, ham and basil.
- Serve as starter with a toasted slice of rye bread.
- For serving at a party mix tomatoes and peaches with ham and sprinkle with dressing after layering the salad in shot glasses. Arrange with Camembert
- Show All
- Pfirsiche in Tomatensalat/Peaches in tomato salad/Pêches et salade aux tomates