They look like the first Christmas cookies but weren’t meant to be. I simply wanted to use the remaining egg yolk of my meringue pastry. The original recipe found on “Rezeptwiese.de” proposes to cover the cookies with icing sugar. For half of my cookies I chose a chocolate top which we liked very much too. In any case both sorts of cookies are suited for Christmas.
- 3 egg yolk
- 4.2 oz sugar
- 1 bag vanilla sugar
- 3 drops of lemon flavour
- 1 point of a knife baking powder
- 8.8 grounded hazelnuts
- plastic wrap
- 3.5 oz powdered sugar
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- Put parchment paper on baking tray
- Fan assisted oven: 350°F
- Whip egg yolk with sugar and vanilla sugar until it's really creamy. Then add lemon flavour, baking powder, grounded hazelnuts and knead carefully. Flatten the pastry between two layers of plastic wrap and roll out. Cut out little hearts or other foms and place them on your tray.
- The pastry doesn't rise too much so that you can place them side by side. The baking time is about 15 minutes at 300°F. Then place the cookies on a rack to cool.
- You may take grounded almonds for this recipe as well.