Yesterday we had the decoration. Today you’ll get the recipe for my potato soup. It’s worthwhile to cook the double quantity and freeze half of the soup before adding sausages or anything else. Even unfreezed delicious.
- 1.3lb potatoes (floury)
- 1 bunch of greens (alt. corresponding quantity frozen greens)
- 1 onion
- 1.7 liq.pt. stock (beef or vegetable)
- 2 tea spoons hot mustard
- pepper, salt, fresh parsley
- 1-2 table spoons sour cream
- When required: 4 Vienna sausages, prawns or shrimps
- Peel potatoes and dice, peel onion and cut in slices, wash greens und cut too (defrost frozen greens)
- Stew onion in concentrated butter or dripping. Then add potatoes, greens and stock. Let cook about 30 minutes. If you use a pressure cooker it's only 10 minutes cooking time.
- Then puree the soup and season to taste with pepper and salt. Add two tea spoons of hot mustard.
- For serving stir 1-2 table spoons of sour cream and give a dab into each soup bowl. Decorate with some hashed parsley
- The nobler version will be served with prawns or shrimps. Therefore sear them in concentrated butter and give them into the soup afterwards. If you choose prawns you may take aside one for each bowl and fix it on the edge of it. The others should be cut up small.
- A nice alternative is to cut Vienna sausages before giving them into the soup.